This meal is the embodiment of simple decadence. The succulent pork shoulder takes no more effort than opening and closing the oven door, the crunchy, sweet green beans match the rich, creamy cauliflower puree perfectly.
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- olive oil, to drizzle
- 65 ml lemon juice
- 180 g French green beans
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups double cream
- a knob of butter
- 1 Head of cauliflower
- 1 stuffed pork shoulder roast
Pork shoulder roast:
- Cook the roast according to package instructions and allow to rest for up to 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
To make the cauliflower puree:
- Steam the cauliflower until the stems are easily pierced with a knife.
- Blend with a hand-held blender with the butter and cream.
- Season to taste and serve.
To make the garlic green beans:
- Steam the beans until cooked to your preference.
- For the dressing, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and seasoning.
- Combine the dressing with the beans and serve.