A traditional Cuban drink and a perfect summer cocktail, its combination of sweetness, refreshing citrus and mint flavors is intended to complement the potent kick of the rum.
- 3 Tbsp Wild blossom honey
- 2 cups litchis, chopped
- fresh mint, to serve
- 1/4 cup brown or treacle sugar
- 4 tots rum
- crushed ice, for serving
- Into each of four glasses, drizzle 2 T honey and top with litchi.
- In a bowl, muddle together the mint, lemon, sugar and rum.
- Remove the lemon pieces and, using a hand blender, blend briefly to combine.
- Return the lemon, pour the mixture over the litchi and top with crushed ice.