This one-pan potato dish makes a hearty dinner that all the family will enjoy. It is equally good served on its own or you could accompany it with some colourful vegetables.
- 8 medium potatoes (suitable for baking), thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp (45ml) melted butter, divided
- salt and pepper
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into rings
- 1 (175g) package Smoked Salami, thinly sliced
- fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Blanche sliced potatoes in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes, drain well.
- Brush the bottom of a 20cm spring-form pan with melted butter.
- Brush potatoes with melted butter, season to taste with salt and pepper and place 1/3 in bottom of spring-form pan.
- Top with ½ of the onions and ½ of the salami. Repeat the process ending with a layer of potatoes.
- Brush the top with the last of the butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-60 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through and golden brown. Place under the grill for 5 minutes for a crispy top.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Garnish with coriander, slice and serve.