Spread the love this Valentine’s Day with these sweet, decadent, and delicious breakfast ideas.
Bejeweled Yogurt, Summer Fruit & Muesli
- 1 tub of Greek yogurt
- 1 cup (250ml) muesli of your choice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pomegranate pips (jewels)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) blue berries
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Place 2-3 heaped tablespoons of yogurt in each breakfast bowl
- Divide muesli between the cups on top of the yogurt
- Top with banana slices, blue berries and pomegranate jewels
For an extra touch:
Add another spoonful of yogurt on top of all the ingredients in the bowl. Sprinkle with brown sugar and brûlée.
You may also substitute the fruit in this recipe with mixed summer berries (raspberries, strawberries, etc.)
Roasted Pork Bangers and Mixed Tomatoes
- 1 packet (250g) vine tomatoes
- 1 packet (250g) yellow cherry tomatoes
- 2 red tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 packet (500g) pork sausage (bangers)
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Toss all ingredients in a roasting pan until well coated.
- Roast for 15 minutes, or until sausages are cooked through.
- Serve with eggs and toast on the side.
Flapjacks (pancakes) with Fresh Strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tsp (17.5ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15ml) white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (350ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp (45ml) butter, melted
- One packet of fresh strawberries
- Strawberry Jam (jelly)
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides.
- Cut flapjacks into heart shapes.
- Coat each with Strawberry Jam (jelly)
- Slice strawberries in half and arrange on top of each flapjack
- Stack your flapjacks about three tiers high and serve with fresh uncut strawberries on the side.