Like your lamb chops? You’re in the right place – these chops have your back!
For the chops
- 8 lamb rib chops
- salt and ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large sprig each oregano, rosemary and thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups (500ml) beef stock
For the potatoes
- 3/4 packet (750g) medium potatoes, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 1/2 cup (125ml) lamb stewing juices
- 6 cloves garlic, cracked
- 1 tsp (5ml) dried oregano
- Season meat and brown in a hot, heavy-based saucepan.
- Add onions and garlic, and sauté until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and stew until chops are tender, then remove from liquid and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Toss the potatoes with all remaining ingredients in a roasting tray. Bake for 1 hour, turning occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Place chops on a roasting tray and bake for 15-25 minutes, or until fat has crisped up and meat has caramalised well.
- Serve with potatoes and a classic Greek salad.