A dish that opens up a whole new world of flavours!
- 1 kg king prawns or 2kg shrimp
- 2 large onions
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 green chilies
- 2 tbsp (30ml) garlic paste
- 1 tbsp (15ml) ginger paste
- 1 tbsp (15ml) garam masala
- 2 tsps (30ml) coriander powder
- 1 tsp (5ml) cumin powder
- 1 cup (250ml) each coconut milk and coconut cream
- 3 tbsp (45ml) double cream
- 3 tbsp (45ml) sunflower oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- fresh coriander
- Grind the onions, tomatoes, 2 green chilies into a fine paste in a food processor.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the paste to it. Fry for a minute.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes and fry for another minute.
- Add the spices and brown masala till the oil begins to separate from it.
- Add the coconut milk and coconut cream and bring to a boil. Add salt to taste.
- Add the prawns and cook for another 2 minutes only.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cream.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with Jasmine rice.