You hear kebabs and your mouth lights up in anticipation. Charred and succulent pieces of meat with their bold and sharp layers of spices, relishes and mounds of fluffy rice – kebabs are absolute bliss. Nice and easy finger food.
- 15 bamboo skewers
- 3 tbsp (45ml) crushed garlic and ginger paste
- salt, to taste
- 3 tbsp (45ml) each ground coriander, red chili powder and meat tenderiser
- 4/5 cup (200ml) double cream
- 1 tub (250ml) greek yogurt
- 1.5kg chicken breast fillets
- red and green chilies, finely sliced
- fresh coriander, chopped
- Soak skewers in water for 20 minutes to prevent burning
- Mix garlic and ginger paste with salt, coriander, chili powder, meat tenderiser, double cream and yogurt. Taste – marinade should be salty.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized chunks, add to marinade and rest for 1-3 hours.
- Thread chicken onto skewers (5-6 pieces each) and grill for 12-20 minutes, turning regularly to ensure even cooking. Baste with marinade on each turn.
- Serve on a bed of fluffy white rice scattered with chili powder, lemon juice and salt. Top with finely sliced chilies and chopped coriander.