Mangoes are considered the king of fruits because they’re so popular in many parts of the world, including South Africa, India, Asia and Central and South America. Despite being the most popular fruit worldwide, they’re still considered exotic by many. Mangoes are true superfruits, based on their all-star nutritional profile and several research studies that reveal their health-promoting properties.
For the salsa:
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 2/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 3 large ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional) personally, I leave this one out
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Stir together all salsa ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix together all ingredients for the dressing and generously pour over salsa.
- Serve chilled.