Cooked to perfection, this steak & chips recipe is to die for!
- 1 kg bulk rump steak – lazy, aged
- 3 ml dried chilli flakes
- 3 granulated garlic, medium
- 8 potatoes, large
- 2 sprigs rosemary – plus extra to make a brush
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 tsp coriander seeds, whole
- 1 tsp milled pepper
- 1 pinch salt and ground pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Place all rub ingredients into a pestle and mortar (or use a heavy bowl and a rolling pin) and grind until well combined.
- Toss steak in rub and leave to marinate for at least an hour.
- Heat 4cm oil in a saucepan and fry chips in batches until crispy. Drain on kitchen paper and season.
- Cook steaks over extremely hot coals until done to your liking and season.
- Leave steak to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving with chips, a green salad and sauce of your choice.